Host Your Own Galentine’s Day Brunch

From the archives: How to host your own Galentine’s Day Brunch.

galentine's day brunch

Galentine’s Day is coming! For those that don’t know, Galentine’s day is a holiday made up on Parks and Rec that occurs on February 13. It is a day to celebrate your best girlfriends. There are many ways to celebrate. You could make up cute little gifts for your friends, go to dinner, meet up for happy hour, or go see the latest chick flick.

I decided to style a little Galentine’s Day brunch to get us in the spirit! I went with the classic heart shaped theme. I created a fun little mimosa station with raspberry lemonade mimosas and pink sugar rimmed glasses. Then set up the tables with pink chargers, my mom’s classic white and silver china, and these cute Galentine’s day plates.

I went with waffles for the brunch portion and created a little waffle station. I included strawberries, pink and red sprinkles, powdered sugar and syrup. I borrowed my mom’s Valentine’s place mats from the 90’s.

I also created cute little favors. I found these little white paper bags with hearts printed on them at Michael’s. I also found heart printed ribbon to coordinate. I decked the house out in conversation heart candy (which I think are delicious…if you don’t, you’re wrong.) I also found cute little foam glitter hearts that I sprinkled around the tables and stations.

Overall, everything was SO pink, sparkly and girly. It was perfect for a Galentine’s Day brunch. I truly think you can never have too much glitter, and Galentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to cover the whole house in sparkles–from the centerpieces to the sugar on the mimosas. Not to mention it’s a great day to celebrate the real soulmates in your life–your best friends!

Pitcher

Love sign – I got mine at Michael’s, but this one is similar

Galentine’s Day Plates – TJ Maxx

Glitter Hearts

Heart Ribbon

Similar pink chargers – Mine are plastic from Michael’s, but these are Doilies. Still super cute.

Heart centerpieces – Michael’s

My top – Similar

Do you celebrate Galentine’s Day? What is your favorite way to celebrate?

Welcome!

Hel On Heels is an Atlanta-based life and style blog by Helen Gaillet Bailey. Hel On Heels is intended to be a digital magazine written by your best friend.

Get Social

Get Hel On Heels in Your Inbox

* indicates required

This Week On YouTube

This Week On YouTube

The Hunch Punch Podcast

The Hunch Punch Podcast

52 Comments

1. 1.22.18

Cuuuuute! I’ve never heard of galentines day, but I loooove a good brunch 😃

2. 1.22.18

This is too darn cute!! I love the little galentines day plates!

• 1.29.18

Oh my gosh, they were SUCH a good find. I couldn’t believe it when I found them.

3. 1.22.18
    Kelsie K Sabers said:

OMG HOW FUN!!! I’m doing a Galentine’s Day Night In! I love this!!

4. 1.22.18

This is adorable. You did such a good job putting it together. I would love to do this!

5. 1.22.18

I love this. It’s so cute and fun.

6. 1.22.18
    Can1love Candace said:

This is such a great idea and I love how You got everything at the local stores

7. 1.22.18
    Adriana said:

This is such a cute idea! I need to do something like this, so fun!

8. 1.22.18

This is SO cute- the decor is great and a waffle station is so fun!

9. 1.22.18

You can’t have Galentine’s Day without waffles!! I love this idea, so cute!

Tori

10. 1.22.18
    Nikki Gwin said:

I LOVE this idea! What’s your address again? haha
    🙂 gwingal

11. 1.22.18

Omg I wish I had enough friends to do something like this! This is so cool.

12. 1.23.18

This is SO STINKIN CUTE!!! Those strawberry waffles…omg yum

13. 1.23.18

ummm this is the sweetest thing ever 🙂 No pun intended ha! so wish i could be there for the galentine’s day lunch in feb but have the best time lovie and those strawberry waffles..YUM!!

14. 1.23.18
    Ashley Stephenson said:

Awww this is so cute!! I think I will text all my girlfriends and see if they wanna do dinner on Galentine’s Day!

15. 1.23.18
    Nazrin Miah said:

I love this so so so so so so so so much! Why shouldn’t there be a galentines day! We should celebrate the lovely women in our life and the friendships that have survived year in and year out! You’ve put so much thought into everything – its all in the fine detail! I hope you and your girlfriends have an amazing day February the 13!

• 1.29.18

You are totally right Nazrin! Friends should always be celebrated!

16. 1.23.18

This is such a cute set up and decor. I love anything glittery for Galentine’s Day. I would love to host a brunch for all my girlfriends at my house-hopefully next year I can. I hope y’all have a wonderful Galentine’s Day this year!

17. 1.23.18
    Sarah Emily said:

how fun!! Those pink sugar rims are so adorable! I love this idea! I hope you have an amazing Galentines Day!

18. 1.23.18
    Sami Mast said:

This looks like the cutest brunch! I love the sugar rums on the cups, too fun! Also yum this made me want some waffles!

xo
    Sami
    The Classic Brunette

19. 1.23.18
    Jenny said:

How cute is this?! I’d love to host a Galentine’s Day brunch one year. Such a fun idea.

20. 1.23.18
    Mary Jingjing Mortos Lopez said:

galentines day would be my perfect day with beshies, I liked the theme sparkly and so girly in pink!

21. 1.23.18
    Indya S said:

This is all so sweet. I’ve only recently heard of Galentine’s Day, but I hope to celebrate it some year soon – most likely when I have a place that is big enough to actually invite people over to 😂 This would be such a sweet way to show your friends how much you appreciate them.

Indya || The Small Adventurer

• 1.29.18

I agree! It’s such a great way to celebrate your girlfriends!

22. 1.24.18
    Cristina said:

This is such a nice idea!
    I would definitely have a Galentine instead of Valentine’s. And I think my partner will agree too.

Cristina | *janded

23. 1.24.18

omg shut up this is so freaking cute! I totally want to do this for my girlfriends! <3 those drinks look extra yummy!

24. 1.25.18
    Holly Lynn Galvan said:

I am getting major leslie knope vibes! Looks so fun and I adore galentines day!

25. 1.25.18

This is all so cute!!

26. 1.25.18
    Danielle said:

Omg I absolutely love this!! Everything is so perfect!!

Xo