There has been a lot going on. I feel terrible that I’ve gotten behind in my posts, but seriously just a lot happening in my house lately.
If you’ve missed my posts, don’t forget that Stephen and I started a podcast! We are officially on Apple and Spotify and have three episodes live right now! New episodes are released every Tuesday. So far, we’ve been able to keep up with that lol.
Before life got crazy, I had lots of Halloween content planned. October is my favorite month, and I really wanted to do it big. So I’m doing it big for the last week. My bad.
Anyway, today I want to share these super cute pumpkins my mom made. She let me take pictures and share them in a blog post so thanks mom!! I am not totally sure where she got the original idea so credit to wherever that is.
These pumpkins are simple, but so pretty and unique. My mom is so crafty and I’m always so impressed with everything she does. Seriously, you should see her furniture.
To create these pumpkins, you will need:
-Small white pumpkins from your local patch
-2-ply cocktail napkins with fun prints
-Metallic Gold Paint
1. Peel the layers apart of the napkin. Sometimes it’s easy, sometimes it’s not depending on the napkin. They really have two layers. I didn’t believe it either, and this step is important.
2. Cut the pieces of the pattern that are interesting and make sure they are small enough to lie flat and not bumpy on the pumpkin.
3. Place the napkin pieces on the pumpkin one at a time and place a layer of Modge Podge with a sponge brush on top of the napkin.
4. Once all the pieces are applied, let the pumpkin dry. Mom placed them on top of a solo cup to completely dry so they wouldn’t stick to the newspaper.
5. Apply another of Modge Podge to the whole pumpkin if needed. Don’t go overboard though.
6. Paint the stems of the pumpkin with your metallic gold paint.
7. Arrange your new pumpkins attractively in your house.
What’s your favorite holiday?