Happy Tuesday! We’re doing Wednesday’s post a day early because I’m going to go ahead an assume you aren’t reading blog posts on the 4th of July..I mean I’m not. I’m going to the pool with Hubb-bubb and some of our pals. So let’s do it a day early, shall we??
However, this post may come in handy because it’s a recipe post for a yummy summer salad that is perfection for 4th of July! So you can make this super simple salad tomorrow for whatever fun thing you are doing! 🙂 It’s so simple (because I only make simple things..duh) and literally anyone can make this. Plus it’s so tasty, light and perfect for summer.
Also, because it’s YouTube Tuesday, we are just looping in all the things. I have made a quicky little recipe video at the end so you can see exactly how I made this salad.
Here we go!
-Chopped Romaine Lettuce
-Tortellini (I buy the Kroger like “ready-made meals” package, but you can buy Bertolli or whatever you’re feeling)
-1 Package Cherry Tomatoes
-1/4 Cup of Cilantro
-3 Tsp of Olive Oil
-1 Clove of Garlic
-1 Cup Greek Yogurt
1. Boil the water and cook based on the instructions on your tortellini package.
2. Cook bacon based on your preference. I like to bake mine because it’s cleaner. I also am all about some pre-cooked bacon.
3. While these things are going on, go ahead and mix your salad dressing. In a processor, blend 1.5 avocados, 1/4 of cilantro, 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 peeled clove of garlic, and 3 tsps of olive oil. Set aside.
4. Peel and slice your remaining 1.5 avocados, slice your cherry tomatoes in half, and chop your romaine lettuce.
5. Once your tortellini and bacon are fully cooked, drain your tortellini and cut up your bacon.
6. In a large bowl, combine chopped lettuce, sliced cherry tomatoes, cut up bacon, sliced avocados, and cooked tortellini.
7. Pour dressing over salad and thoroughly mix.
That’s it! See, super simple! And yummy! Perfect for your summer gathering, and would be great for whatever 4th of July party you are attending or hosting tomorrow.