Happy Friday! Time for wine.
Also! Hel On Heels got a face lift! I’m super excited about the changes around here and am loving my new chic layout. I liked my last layout a lot, but there were some things that I wanted that the previous version didn’t support. Now we are fully functioning around here and equipped for so many new projects and initiatives.
Alright, back on track. A few weeks ago I got a facial. I had never had one before and I learned SO much about my skin. For one thing, I have normal skin but I dehydrate it and that is causing my sporadic break-outs. Insanity.
I’ve been dehydrating my skin in two parts. Part 1: I haven’t had water since the 1900s. Ok that’s exaggerating…but I don’t drink enough water. My logic is that Diet Coke has water so technically I get plenty of water. That math works out…
Part 2: I only use acne fighting medicine because I’m paranoid of getting break-outs. That was dehydrating my skin! So now I have learned that I can do that, but I have to go back an re-hydrate (sure, that’s a word) my skin.
So today, I want to share my 5 favorite products I use for hydrating my skin! Let’s get to it!
1. Organic Rosehip Seed Oil – I loveeeeee this product! I use it at night after my retinol but before my Glow Mask (stay tuned lol). This oil helps with wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles and spots, stretch marks, and sun damage. I love it. My skin has felt so healthy and hydrated since I started using it. Plus the color and tone of my skin is so even. I love it.
2. Watermelon Glow Mask – So this picture is from this post because my current jar is almost empty. This is MY FAVORITE PRODUCT IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Not exaggerating. It’s 98% watermelon and smells like heaven in a jar. Like I want to pump this smell into my air vents like a Katy Perry concert. This is a hydrating sleeping mask. You put it on your face before bed and go to sleep, and when you wake up you have dewy, hydrated, gorgeous skin. I love it so much.
3. Live No B.S Moisturizer – This product is a double-whammy because it’s a hydrating moisturizer AND SPF! Y’all the sun is bad for your skin. So bad. If you can put SPF in anything you should. This moisturizer is ultra-hydrating and feels so great on your skin. Plus, y’all know I love the Live No B.S line. All of their products feel so clean
4. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Multivitamin Hydrating and Revitalizing Face Serum – So if I’m being totally honest, I bought this bottle because the serum looked cool with the beads floating around. However! This serum is great and is definitely a hydro boost! I mix this with my Live No B.S. moisturizer to create a super magical creation for hydrated skin.
5. Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water Hydrating Face Mist – Ok, that was a lot of flowers and fruits, but I love this mist. I use it throughout the day to keep hydrated. I just give myself a few spritzes to stay fresh and glowy. Plus, it smells good and you know how I feel about yummy scents.
Thanks to these products I’ve got super clear, clean, and dewy skin. It’s been great and I’ve become borderline obsessed with skin care lately. Ask Hubbs, I think he is about to organize an intervention–he’ll think differently when I look 30 at 50.
Anyways, do you use hydration products? What are your favorites?
| SHOP THE POST |