It officially feels like spring in Atlanta! *knocks on wood* So let’s kick off this Monday with a fun spring dessert!
My family loves Easter. We always have a huge Easter lunch and invite our friends and neighbors. One of my favorite parts is cooking all of our favorite recipes and baking fun spring desserts. Today, I’ve partnered with Nestlé® Toll House® to bring you these super fun spring chocolate chip cheesecake bars. I think these are just the cutest for an Easter lunch like ours, a spring tea, or a lovely garden party!
These are surprisingly easy to make…you know I don’t make anything that isn’t an easy recipe. Here’s how I did it!
To kick things off, I made a batch of Nestlé® Toll House® cookie dough. I use their recipe because it’s the best. Have you ever seen the FRIENDS episode where Monica and Phoebe spend the entire episode trying to figure out Phoebe’s Grandmother’s cookie recipe? (Side note this is one of my favorite episodes.) The make at least 20 batches of cookies trying to figure out the recipe, only to find out it’s Nestlé® Toll House®’s recipe. It’s hilarious, but also proof that this is the best recipe. You can find it on the back of any Nestlé® Toll House® package of morsels.
Ok so make that and set it aside. Then here are the ingredients and instructions for the rest of the recipe.
-8 oz of cream cheese
-1 cup sugar
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-Package of Dark Chocolate Spring M&Ms
-9X9 inch pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan.
3. Press approximately half your cookie dough into the bottom of the pan on top of the parchment paper and press into a crust.
4. In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer and mix together your package of cream cheese, cup of sugar, egg and teaspoon of vanilla extract.
5. Once mixed, pour your creamy mixture over the cookie crust.
6. Sprinkle spring M&Ms on top of the bars.
7. Finally, spoon remaining cookie dough mixture on top in a random pattern.
8. Bake on 350 for 30-35ish minutes.
9. Let these puppies cool…for like a long time. It’s cheesecake, it needs to be cool. I even refrigerated mine for a while before I cut them.
10. Cut and serve!
Check out more spring inspiration with Nestlé® Toll House®! You can pick up these products at Walmart.