According to The Knot, at this point, I am supposed to be ordering invitations, having my hair and make-up trial, and signing up for dance lessons. So I clearly have my priorities in line…
Follow me on Snapchat @helenguyyay to see the ridiculous amounts of Geofilters I’m going to create for wedding related activities. I might be addicted. Get ready bachelorette party…
In case you need a Geofilter at your wedding, here’s how you set it up:
1. Create your filter in a .png format. It needs to be 1080 wide x 1920 tall and optimized for the web. FYI: Snapchat doesn’t allow hashtags or URLs in your filter.
2. Go to https://www.snapchat.com/on-demand
3. Login with your Snapchat information.
4. Click “choose file” and upload your .png. Make sure you review the preview on the phone and you can see the checkered background.
5. When you like it, click “next.”
6. Select your dates and times. Try to do it as soon as possible to make sure it gets approved in time for your event, but not too early because it won’t let you. I’m too early for October. Right now it is only accepting filters until the first few weeks of August.
7. Click “next.”
7. Find your location on the map and click “draw fence.” Keep the fence right around your event space because it will affect your cost.
8. Click “next.”
9. Name your Geofilter and enter payment information. Select “personal use” for filter type and double check your event information.
10. Agree to the Terms of Service and submit!
Did you do a Geofilter for your wedding? What was your wedding hashtag?