1. Cheek squeezes – I’m sure there is a more lovely name for this… Squeeze your gluteus maximus (your butt) together for 10-12 seconds then release. Do as many reps as you want, nobody can see you. This deskercise is cubicle approved.
2. Desk chair abs – Hold on to your desk, suck your belly button into your spine, and swivel side to side. Just keep engaging your core!
3. Under the desk bike – Pedal your way to better calves while you sit at your desk. All you need is an under the desk peddler. Super cheap. Only $26 on Amazon.
4. Toe-taps – Keep your feet moving by tapping your toes under your desk. I’m particularly fond of performing a tap dance worthy of 42nd Street, but regular taps will be just fine.
5. Social butterfly – instead of calling extensions or sending an email, hop up and walk. Visit with your co-workers and walk to their office. Bonus points if they work downstairs.
What are your favorite deskercises?