Whoo I have Thanksgiving Hangover. Does anyone else have a ridiculously hard time getting back in the swing of things after being out of town? I just feel like I physically don’t have enough hours to accomplish everything I need.
Because the holidays are coming up and we’re trying to cram everything in a short amount of time, I’m looking for easy: easy decor, easy party ideas, and definitely easy recipes. This one takes the cake because I found a hack that is LIFE CHANGING and tastes delicious.
I love apple recipes in the winter. Apple pie, apple tarts, apple crisps–they are all so yummy. However, not always terribly easy to make. The other day I was shopping at Publix and found pre-made apple filling! Oh my gosh, I almost fell down in the store out of pure joy. I have seen it before in a can, but that does NOT taste the same as home made. This is a pre-made fresh tub at Publix near the produce section.
It is a mixture of apples, cinnamon, brown sugar and all the good stuff. It cuts the prep time in half.
So to make this you will need:
-Two pie dough crusts–one for top, one for bottom
-A tub of pie filling
-A round cast iron skillet
- Open your pie crust. Make sure it is properly thawed. I didn’t and ripped mine lol.
- Place one pie crust in the bottom of your skillet and press firmly against the edges.
- Fill with pre-made pie filling.
- Cover with other pie crust and make sure edges are connected.
- Brush melted butter over the top of your crust.
- Cut a fun design on the top if you wish.
- Bake as directed on your pie crust instructions.
- Remove and eat!
This was SO delicious and got raving reviews from the husband. It can totally, totally, totally pass as home made, but takes no time at all.
Have you used Publix’s pre-made filling or any pre-made filling? What are your thoughts?