It’s about to be the season of parties. Endless friendsgivings, tacky sweaters, white elephants, secret Santas, snowman swaps, and cookie exchanges are right around the corner! This means hostess gifts. Lots and lots of hostess gifts.
Now I’m partial to the classic bottle of wine. (I do like to dress my bottles up like Santa at Christmas.) However, I feel like the hostess always gets a zillion bottles of wine. I decided last year to make them a little something personal and these red and green M&M cookies are just the ticket.
They are quite simply, the easiest cookies to make, but the red and green gives them a little something extra. If you put them in a Christmas tin and tie with a bow, you truly have a lovely little gift.
To make them, you will need:
-Red and Green M&Ms
- Preheat over to 375 degrees
- Use a hand mixer or kitchen stand and mix together 2 sticks of butter, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar, and a splash of vanilla extract.
- Add two eggs one at a time and mix into dough.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2.5 cups of flour, a smidge of baking soda and a pinch of salt. (Y’all I’m super with measurements.
- Mix in flour combo a little at a time.
- After it’s all combined, add all the chocolate chips. Ok I add all the chocolate chips, but add as many as you want.
- Then scoop out spoonfuls of dough and roll into a 1 inch(ish) ball. Roll the ball in red and green M&Ms. Make sure the whole ball is covered. You may have to push the M&Ms in a little to make sure they are really attached.
- Place the dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool, place in a fun tin, and tie with a festive bow.
What is your favorite hostess gift to bring to a holiday party?