Mother Daughter Painting Class at Painting With a Twist

I had the awesome opportunity to attend a Painting With a Twist class with my mama on Sunday afternoon.  Painting with a Twist is a fun day out with your girlfriends, husband, mom, or kids. For two hours, you can learn to create an art piece, enjoy a snack (or a glass of wine if you’re 21+), and take home a piece that actually looks good because the staff helps you!

We created a flower painting that was supposed to look like the example below. The owner Amanda explained it the best way to me: Painting With a Twist is like handwriting. The instructor give us the tools to make it legible, but everyone’s will look a little different.

We had a fabulous instructor Natasha who helped us throughout the class. It was actually her first time teaching and she was awesome. She is a ballroom dancer from the Ukraine and during breaks she would teach us dance moves. Oh and she’s gorgeous and has the best accent I’ve ever heard. You can take a class from her at the Dunwoody location opening soon!

So mom and I tried our best to create something that resembled the example. My mom is far more artistic than I am. She tries to make it look the way it’s supposed to, and I kind of just go for it and put paint on the canvas without really thinking it through. You will definitely be able to tell the difference in our final products.

The staff at the Atlanta Buckhead location is awesome! They made the experience super fun playing music and fun games. One of my favorite games was the “Paint Your Partner Game.” They gave us paper plates and we had two minutes to paint the person we came with. My mom, of course, came in second and won a Painting With a Twist cup.

It totally looks just like me, right??

I also think my depiction of my mom looks exactly like her. She disagrees. P.S. isn’t my mama the cutest??

If you’re in the Atlanta area, you HAVE to go see my friends at the Atlanta Buckhead location or the Dunwoody location opening soon. If you’re not in Atlanta, you can find a location near you here.

Have you ever been to a Painting With a Twist class? What did you create?

Welcome!

Hel On Heels is an Atlanta-based life and style blog by Helen Gaillet Bailey. Hel On Heels is intended to be a digital magazine written by your best friend.

Get Social

Get Hel On Heels in Your Inbox

* indicates required

This Week On YouTube

This Week On YouTube

The Hunch Punch Podcast

The Hunch Punch Podcast

34 Comments

1. 7.17.17

I’ve always wanted to do one of these nights! You ladies did a great job!

2. 7.17.17
    Neely said:

This would be a great mother daughter night out!

3. 7.17.17
    Lee Lewis Taylor said:

Corey and I LOVE Painting with a Twist. We used to visit the one in Baton Rouge. We have several “works of art.” Also, they have just recently opened one in Spanish Fort, Alabama. Their schedule of events looks terrific as well. For those of you who have never gone, you should look in your local area and sign up immediately. It isn’t just for women. All the men I know who have gone with our group loved it as well. Sometimes we rented the entire space out and had a private lesson for our party group. FUN, FUN, FUN. Thanks for sharing.

• 8.3.17

I love that you do it together! I want Stephen to go with me too.

4. 7.17.17
    Kay R. said:

So cute! I took two similar painting nights out earlier this year – while I’m not at all creative, it was a good time. So fun!

5. 7.18.17
    Nazrin Miah said:

This is so cute! I have two other sisters and a younger brother so I very rarely get any alone time with my mum! This is just so adorable it melts my heart!

6. 7.18.17
    Jessica Jacobowitz Weinberg said:

I LOVE paint nite classes! I have done them with girlfriends and my husband. So much fun!
    xo Jessica

• 8.3.17

I’ve never brought my husband! I usually take a girlfriend or my mama, but maybe I should bring him next time.

7. 7.18.17
    Leah Weber said:

This is so fun!! Since we live so close to ATL I definitely want to go!! I might get some girlfriends together and go soon!

8. 7.18.17
    Chanel van Reenen said:

I’m in Atlanta as well and love this place! It’s so fun!

9. 7.18.17

How fun is this!!?! I’ve wanted to give this a try for so long. I’m considering doing it with the Hubby – just to have something different for date night but who knows? I may make it a Mommy Daughter thing too . . .

10. 7.18.17
    Yulissa Rosario Santiago said:

What a fun thing to do!!! I would love to do this one day! Or I can try make it at home 😂

11. 7.18.17
    Brittany said:

Looks like a fun experience!!!

12. 7.18.17
    Victoria Sharp said:

This looks like a blast. We have “paint nite” in our area and my mom and I do enjoy going together

13. 7.18.17
    Megan said:

This looks like so much fun! I just participated in a painting class with my mother and sister while we were on vacation and we had SUCH a great time! What a great way to spend quality time together, all while learning something new. Beautiful picture by the way!

• 8.3.17

Thank you! We had a great time. I love a good mother daughter date night and this was perfect.

14. 7.19.17
    Bailey said:

This looks like such a unique mother-daughter experience! So fun!

15. 7.19.17
    Meghan said:

I have always wanted to try one of these paint classes. They look like so much fun!

• 8.3.17

It’s so fun! I highly recommend taking a Painting With a Twist class.

16. 7.19.17
    Jenny said:

This is awesome! I’d love to do something similar with my LO!

17. 7.20.17

This looks like so much fun. haven’t done anything artistic with my mom in years, will be nice to do that for our next get together.

• 8.3.17

It’s so much fun! I highly recommend a Painting With a Twist Class.

Comments are closed.